3 things to consider when purchasing medicinal mushrooms.
Country of origin + drying method used make a huge difference when it comes to the potency and quality of medicinal mushrooms.Watch this short video to learn more.
THIS PRODUCT IS SELLING OUT.
Due to the release of the Fantastic Fungi documentary there may be some delay with delivery of your order. Thank you for your patience.
This is the best Lion’s Mane in Australia because…
- Grown in Australia: Mushrooms are highly absorbent. They will absorb the heavy metals and toxins from the environment in which they are in. Thus if they are grown in polluted areas or with unclean water they can be dangerous to consume.
- Superior drying process: Our Lion’s Mane mushrooms are not just grown in the pollution-free Yarra Valley (Victoria); but they are also freeze dried in Victoria. Freeze drying is the most superior form of drying. It allows for a much more nutrient dense product that is almost identical to the fresh form of the mushroom. The cost is far greater and thus many imported Lion’s Mane mushrooms are spray dried.
- Contains the potent mycelium: Our Lion’s Mane includes the mycelium of the mushroom (the “roots” of the mushroom below the surface) not just the fruiting body. World-renowned mycologists like Paul Stamets believe a lot of the benefits of Lion’s Mane are contained in the mycelium.
- A whole food: An extract contains mostly alcohol or water with minute amounts of the water soluble parts of the mushroom. Our Lion’s Mane is the entire mushroom grounded up (so you have a product as close to it’s natural state as possible).
Don’t take our word for it. Check the reviews below!
I'm serious about quality.
"If at anytime prior to the best before date, you think this product is not of the highest quality - I insist that you return it for a refund."
- Justin Snyder (Founder)
A word about Lion’s Mane from China…
Mushrooms absorb whatever is in their environment. If there is heavy metals in the water they will absorb that. If there is pollution in the air they will absorb that as well.
“Every Chinese mushroom expert I know says they wouldn’t touch medicinal mushrooms grown in China”
– Paul Stamets World Expert on medicinal mushrooms (Joe Rogan Podcast #1385)
Even if it is “Certified Organic” it can still be dangerously high in heavy metals. Mushroom producers from China have a questionable reputation and I personally wouldn’t trust them.Our Lions Mane is 100% pure with no fillers or additives added. It is grown in Melbourne, Victoria by expert mycologists. It doesn’t leave Australia at any point in the process.If a company does not state where their Lion’s Mane is grown then it is almost always imported from China.
GROW BRAIN CELLS
Lion’s mane contains two compounds which have been shown to encourage the body to create new brain cells.
Some studies have shown Lion’s Mane can reduce the symptoms of memory loss and protect against degenerative brain diseases.
PROTECT AGAINST ULCERS
It is believed that stomach ulcers are often the cause of the overgrowth of bacteria. Lion’s Mane has been shown to inhibit the growth of this bacteria.
It is believed that depression may be a result of an issue with the hippocampus. Lion’s Mane has been shown to improve the functioning of the hippocampus.
Lion’s Mane has been shown to speed up fat metabolism and lower triglyceride levels as well as the decrease inflammation in fat tissue.
BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM
Lion’s Mane has been shown to boost immunity by increasing the activity of the intestinal immune system.
Grown and dried in the Victoria. NOT grown on grain like other commercial mushrooms.
Research shows that Lion’s Mane contains power anti-inflammatories and antioxidant compounds.
100% Australian coffee + lions mane blend
With 400% More lions Mane than other brands
Start your day off right with our blend of 100% Australian grown coffee + 100% Australian Grown Lion’s Mane
$39.95 for 250g
“In my scientific opinion, mushroom products not incorporating mycelium are at a decided disadvantage”
– Paul Stamets World Expert on medicinal mushrooms (read this blog post to find out why we always incorporate mycelium into our products)
Beta-glucans > 10%
Why our mushrooms contain minute traces of brown rice…
The brown rice is the growing medium and most of it is consumed by the mushroom during the growing period. However the mycelium can not be separated from the brown rice entirely and thus there is some brown rice in the finished product.Whilst it is more complicated (and expensive) process for us to include the mycelium in the finished product, we feel it is necessary to provide the best quality product we can. This is inline with the findings of international medicinal mushroom experts such as Paul Stamets.Don’t take our word for it! Check out this scientific study that “once again confirms that not only the mycelium but the substrate on which it is grown becomes profoundly immune enhancing.”
Why we don’t sell extracts…
An extract requires the removal of some parts of the mushroom in preference for others. When you isolate a compound from a wholefood you remove components which assist the body with the absorption and digestion of the mushroom.In our experience, it is most beneficial to consume a wholefood, as close to the natural state of the mushroom as possible.The argument competitors make for selling extracts is that the chitin is not easily broken down during digestion. Our mushrooms are heated prior to powdering (to remove bacteria) and this is more than sufficient to break down the cell wall so the the chitin is bioavailable .
Lion’s Mane for nerve damage: Research shows that rats who were given Lion’s Mane daily recovered significantly faster from nerve damage than those that weren’t given Lion’s Mane (read the published study).Another study also found that Lion’s Mane was effective in repairing nerve damage in rats (read the published study)Lion’s Mane for tumors: A study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that extracts made from Lion’s Mane had a significant effect in reducing the size of cancerous tumors (read the study).
Lion’s Mane, is capable of fortifying the spleen and nourishing the stomach, tranquilizing the mind, and fighting cancer.
– Quote from a published scientific study published in the International Journal of Biological MacromoleculesLion’s Mane for depression: “based on the neurotrophic and neurogenic pathophysiology of depression, H. erinaceus may be a potential alternative medicine for the treatment of depression.” (read the study)””Our results show that HE (Hericium erinaceus aka Lions Mane Mushroom) intake has the possibility to reduce depression and anxiety…” (read the study)Lion’s Mane for degenerative brain disease: “Because of its anti-inflammatory properties and promotion of nerve growth factor gene expression and neurite (axon or dendrite) outgrowth, H. erinaceus mycelium shows great promise for the treatment of degenerative brain diseases.” (read the study)Are you medication? We recommend getting medical advice from your practitioner before taking Lion’s Mane Mushroom Supplements.