Forest Super Foods
24/7 Support: X
24/7 Support: X
24/7 Support: X
Amazing produce! I absolutely love this stuff! First time buyer and I am stoked with my purchase. Thanks for a hassle free transaction and lighting fast delivery! I’ll be back again soon 🙂
I take lion’s mane to help my gut issues. I love that this product is grown in Australia, unlike any other powdered lion’s mane that I was able to find.
Fast and easy delivery, great service! The taste is pleasant have noticed an already small positive cognitive and mood benefit (just started). Thanks Team! Will buy again.
“Every Chinese mushroom expert I know says they wouldn’t touch medicinal mushrooms grown in China”
– Paul Stamets World Expert on medicinal mushrooms (Joe Rogan Podcast #1385)
GROW BRAIN CELLS
Lion’s mane contains two compounds which have been shown to encourage the body to create new brain cells.
Some studies have shown Lion’s Mane can reduce the symptoms of memory loss and protect against illnesses like Alzheimer’s.
PROTECT AGAINST ULCERS
It is believed that stomach ulcers are often the cause of the overgrowth of H. pylori bacteria. Lion’s Mane has been shown to inhibit the growth of this bacteria.
It is believed that depression may be a result of an issue with the hippocampus. Lion’s Mane has been shown to improve the functioning of the hippocampus.
Lion’s Mane has been shown to speed up fat metabolism and lower triglyceride levels as well as the decrease inflammation in fat tissue.
BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM
Lion’s Mane has been shown to boost immunity by increasing the activity of the intestinal immune system.
Grown and dried in the Victoria. NOT grown on grain like other commercial mushrooms.
Research shows that Lion’s Mane contains power anti-inflammatories and antioxidant compounds.
3 Good reasons to buy Australian grown medicinal mushrooms?
- Mushrooms are highly absorbent. They will absorb the heavy metals and toxins from the environment in which they are in. Thus if they are grown in polluted areas or with unclean water they can be dangerous to consume.
- Our Lion’s Mane mushrooms are not just grown in the pollution-free Yarra Valley (Victoria); but they are also freeze dried in Victoria. Freeze drying is a superior process of drying to spray drying. It allows for a much more nutrient dense product. The cost is far greater and thus many imported Lion’s Mane mushrooms are spray dried.
- Our Lion’s Mane includes the mycelium of the mushroom (the “roots” of the mushroom below the surface) not just the fruiting body. World-renowned mycologists like Paul Stamets believe a lot of the benefits of Lion’s Mane are contained in the mycelium.
This seems expensive? Actually Lion’s Mane is 90% water so it takes 10kg to produce just 1kg of dried Lion’s Mane. So in effect, you are getting 10x the value but without the water content.
Store away from direct sunlight. Always keep sealed. Comes in a resealable bag.
Lion’s Mane is reputed to be of benefit for:
- Relieving mild depression and anxiety
- Helping the body fight brain related diseases such as Alzheimers
- Repair nerve damage
- Protect against tumors
“In my scientific opinion, mushroom products not incorporating mycelium are at a decided disadvantage”
– Paul Stamets World Expert on medicinal mushrooms (read this blog post to find out why we always incorporate mycelium into our products)
Some Scientific Research
Lion’s Mane for nerve damage: Research shows that rats who were given Lion’s Mane daily recovered significantly faster from nerve damage than those that weren’t given Lion’s Mane (read the study).
Another study also found that Lion’s Mane was effective in repairing nerve damage in rats (read the study)
Lion’s Mane for tumors: A study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that extracts made from Lion’s Mane had a significant effect in reducing the size of cancerous tumors (read the study).
Lion’s Mane, is capable of fortifying the spleen and nourishing the stomach, tranquilizing the mind, and fighting cancer.
– Quote from a scientific study published in the International Journal of Biological Macromolecules
Lion’s Mane for depression: “based on the neurotrophic and neurogenic pathophysiology of depression, H. erinaceus may be a potential alternative medicine for the treatment of depression.” (read the study)
“”Our results show that HE (Hericium erinaceus aka Lions Mane Mushroom) intake has the possibility to reduce depression and anxiety…” (read the study)
Lion’s Mane for Alzheimers and Parkinson’s disease: “Because of its anti-inflammatory properties and promotion of nerve growth factor gene expression and neurite (axon or dendrite) outgrowth, H. erinaceus mycelium shows great promise for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.” (read the study)
The dried Lion’s Mane can be brewed into tea, used in cooking or eaten as is.