YOU HAVE FOUND THE BEST LION’S MANE IN THE WORLD BECAUSE:
- Grown in Australia: Mushrooms are highly absorbent. They will absorb the heavy metals and toxins from the environment in which they are in. Thus if they are grown in polluted areas or with unclean water they can be dangerous to consume.
- Superior drying process: Our Lion’s Mane mushrooms are not just grown in the pollution-free Yarra Valley (Victoria); but they are also freeze dried in Victoria. Freeze drying is the most superior form of drying. It allows for a much more nutrient dense product that is almost identical to the fresh form of the mushroom. The cost is far greater and thus many imported Lion’s Mane mushrooms are spray dried.
- Contains the potent mycelium: Our Lion’s Mane includes the mycelium of the mushroom (the “roots” of the mushroom below the surface) not just the fruiting body. World-renowned mycologists like Paul Stamets believe a lot of the benefits of Lion’s Mane are contained in the mycelium.
Don’t take our word for it. Check the reviews below!
“Every Chinese mushroom expert I know says they wouldn’t touch medicinal mushrooms grown in China”
– Paul Stamets World Expert on medicinal mushrooms (Joe Rogan Podcast #1385)
GROW BRAIN CELLS
Lion’s mane contains two compounds which have been shown to encourage the body to create new brain cells.
Some studies have shown Lion’s Mane can reduce the symptoms of memory loss and protect against illnesses like Alzheimer’s.
PROTECT AGAINST ULCERS
It is believed that stomach ulcers are often the cause of the overgrowth of H. pylori bacteria. Lion’s Mane has been shown to inhibit the growth of this bacteria.
It is believed that depression may be a result of an issue with the hippocampus. Lion’s Mane has been shown to improve the functioning of the hippocampus.
Lion’s Mane has been shown to speed up fat metabolism and lower triglyceride levels as well as the decrease inflammation in fat tissue.
BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM
Lion’s Mane has been shown to boost immunity by increasing the activity of the intestinal immune system.
Grown and dried in the Victoria. NOT grown on grain like other commercial mushrooms.
Research shows that Lion’s Mane contains power anti-inflammatories and antioxidant compounds.
“In my scientific opinion, mushroom products not incorporating mycelium are at a decided disadvantage”
– Paul Stamets World Expert on medicinal mushrooms (read this blog post to find out why we always incorporate mycelium into our products)
Lion’s Mane for nerve damage: Research shows that rats who were given Lion’s Mane daily recovered significantly faster from nerve damage than those that weren’t given Lion’s Mane (read the study).
Another study also found that Lion’s Mane was effective in repairing nerve damage in rats (read the study)
Lion’s Mane for tumors: A study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that extracts made from Lion’s Mane had a significant effect in reducing the size of cancerous tumors (read the study).
Lion’s Mane, is capable of fortifying the spleen and nourishing the stomach, tranquilizing the mind, and fighting cancer.
– Quote from a scientific study published in the International Journal of Biological Macromolecules
Lion’s Mane for depression: “based on the neurotrophic and neurogenic pathophysiology of depression, H. erinaceus may be a potential alternative medicine for the treatment of depression.” (read the study)
“”Our results show that HE (Hericium erinaceus aka Lions Mane Mushroom) intake has the possibility to reduce depression and anxiety…” (read the study)
Lion’s Mane for Alzheimers and Parkinson’s disease: “Because of its anti-inflammatory properties and promotion of nerve growth factor gene expression and neurite (axon or dendrite) outgrowth, H. erinaceus mycelium shows great promise for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.” (read the study)
Ingredients: Australian Grown Lion’s Mane Mushroom (70%), Mushroom Substrate – organic brown rice & mycelium (30%).
Store away from direct sunlight. Always keep sealed. Comes in a resealable bag.
Why our mushrooms contain minute traces of brown rice
The brown rice is the growing medium and most of it is consumed by the mushroom during the growing period. However the mycelium can not be separated from the brown rice entirely and thus there is some brown rice in the finished product.
Whilst it is more complicated (and expensive) process for us to include the mycelium in the finished product, we feel it is necessary to provide the best quality product we can. This is inline with the findings of international medicinal mushroom experts such as Paul Stamets.
Why we don’t sell extracts
An extract requires the removal of some parts of the mushroom in preference for others. When you isolate a compound from a wholefood you remove components which assist the body with the absorption and digestion of the mushroom.
In our experience, it is most beneficial to consume a wholefood, as close to the natural state of the mushroom as possible.
The argument competitors make for selling extracts is that the chitin is not easily broken down during digestion. Our mushrooms are heated prior to powdering (to remove bacteria) and this is more than sufficient to break down the cell wall so the the chitin is bioavailable .